is constructed using the following potentially FREE* resources:
*use "Google!" to find programs on web or go to library for book!
- Netscape Composer, now available in a brilliant new version
as part of Netscape 7, from magazine disc or the web
- Arachnophilia is useful to tidy up some of the HTML which Composer
- FTP Explorer is useful to delete unwanted files from your site
and for publishing .text files,
- HTML Goodies by Joe Burns - book and website
- Free Webspace from your ISP (Internet Service Provider)- Onetel is good in that it provides free
support by email, not to mention excellent telephone rates (eg UK 2.5p/min
all day, US 3p/min 24/7, Germany 3p, France 4p etc....), internet 1p/min 24/7
or £12.99 per month 24/7.
To publish BB4W programs on your Website :
Richard Weston (homepage)
- Print this page!
- Keep all the files appearing on your site in one directory on your
hard disc. Backup whole site onto floppy, cd or whatever every time you add
- Publish an "exec version" of the program (needs Richard Russell's
full version of BB4W) so that anyone can download and run it. Do this by
creating a link to your "exec. version saved program" on your webpage.
- Also publish a "Listing" as a text (.txt) file of your program
as follows : a). With the program loaded into the BB4W editing window
click EDIT then SELECT ALL. b). RIGHT CLICK MOUSE then COPY
c). Bring up a blank NOTEPAD window ( via START, PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES,
NOTEPAD) d). RIGHT CLICK MOUSE over NOTEPAD window, then PASTE your listing
into it. e).Save the text file into your website's unique directory
under a suitable file name (say the same name as the .exec file but with L
added to the end). Use FTP Explorer to upload the .txt file to your
- Do not publish ".bbc files" as some browsers will not handle them
- Use Composer to upload your webpages not FTP Explorer,
as it names webpages as name.htm. The other programs (Composer and
Arachnophilia) upload webpages as name.html. FTP explorer is fine for
uploading other types of files such as graphics and as mentioned above, text
- Don't hesitate to seek advice from ....