A very brief overview of the history of Feddinch House
The name of Feddinch first appears, in 1479, written upon what is known as The Golden Charter of the
See of St Andrews. This was a charter documenting the privileges and rights within the 'Roman Catholics' Church area or See of the Archbishopric of St Andrews.
St Andrews, at that time, was a place of great religious pilgrimage for Christians from all over Europe, having possession and enshrining some of the relic's of the
Apostle "Saint" Andrew.
Reference book : Martine,
Reliqui Divi Sanct Andræ, 1797.
Title Deeds, legal documents showing ownership of land / property, exist from 1512 up to the present day.
Some of the Family names of the previous Owners
up to the year 1900
The Symsone Family - fl. 1478 - 1542
The Aytoun Family - circa ? 1543 - 1774 ?
The Lindesay Family - 1775, named on a Map of Fife
The Wedderburn Thoms Family - 1895
If you would like to know more
of the history of Feddinch House click here